Are you tired of mason jar meals yet?
No of course you’re not!!!
These healthy, portable meals are your favorite way to take food on-the-go!
This time, we’ve layered some of nature’s healthiest food in our darling mason jars. And at the bottom of our jars is a homemade blood-orange olive oil dressing that is out of this world!
Guys, this dressing is THE BOMB.
It’s the perfect balance of sweet and tart and earthy, and makes all of the super ingredients in this salad shine their brightest.
The beets at the bottom of the jar sit in the dressing and absorb them over time, becoming the most delicious, sweet, luxurious marinated beets you’ve never had in your life.
Even if you don’t like beets, you will love them in this salad. Trust me. They are tested by my best friend and beet hater, who could not believe she was enjoying beets for the first time in her life! 😉
Although each of these super food ingredients are so good and healthy and tasty, this dressing makes the salad. Just take my word for it; you’ll want to double this. Half to use at the bottom of the mason jars, and half for drizzling over the salads right before serving.
Shoot, even triple it to use the extra as a marinade for chicken, pork, and other vegetables!
This delicious healthy mason jar salad + this sweet vinaigrette is exactly what you need to get out of your healthy eating rut.
It’s chock full of crazy nutritious superfoods that will super charge your body, your mood, and your energy. It won’t make you feel over full or give you a carb crash in the middle of the day (tell me I’m not the only one that feels deeeaaad after a big lunch???), and it’s just what you need to enjoy healthy food on-the-go.
Go forth into the world with your super food super charged energy!
- 3 cups shredded Brussels sprouts
- 2 1/2 cup thinly sliced kale
- 1 large sweet potato, cubed
- 4 beets, peeled and cubed
- 2 chicken breasts
- 6 teaspoons sea salt, divided
- 4 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- juice of 1/2 of an orange
- 1 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Add all of the ingredients for the dressing to a medium sized bowl. Whisk vigorously until evenly combined.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add the cubed sweet potatoes to a bowl and drizzle them with 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and 2 teaspoons sea salt. Toss to evenly coat. Spread the sweet potatoes in an even layer on a baking sheet and place the baking sheet in the oven. Roast the sweet potatoes for 20 minutes or until browning and tender. Let cool.
- Do the same with the cubed beets, coating them in a medium bowl with a tablespoon of olive oil and 2 teaspoons of sea salt. Spread the beets on a baking sheet and roast for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Let cool.
- Rub 1 tablespoon of olive oil each over both sides of the chicken breasts. Sprinkle them each with 1 teaspoon sea salt. Place the chicken in a skillet or on a baking sheet and place in the preheated oven. Roast the chicken for 10-15 minutes or until cooked all the way through. Let rest for at least 5 minutes before cutting into bit sized pieces. Let cool.
- Divide the dressing evenly among five pint-sized mason jars. You'll be adding about 2 1/2 tablespoons dressing to the bottom of each jar.
- Divide the roasted sweet potatoes, roasted beets, chopped chicken breasts, sliced kale, and shredded Brussels sprouts evenly among the jars, layering the ingredients in that order. Screw the lids onto the jars and store in the fridge for up to one week.
- To serve, dump the contents of the jar into a bowl. Drizzle with extra dressing if desired, gently toss the contents of the bowl to distribute the dressing, and enjoy.