These are the best days of the year.
The weather is warm and breezy, the sun is shining most days, and even if it’s not, there is a soothing, refreshing rain…
The temperature is warm enough to wear all kinds of breezy dresses and open toed shoes, but not hot enough to make you wonder why humans have to wear clothes anyway.
The flowers are blooming, the grills are rebooting, and everything is green.
These are the days I love.
And on days like this, I love drinking something cool and refreshing, just like this Sparkling Lavender Mint Limeade.
I love something that causes me to smile after I sip, and makes me let out a refreshing “ahhhh…”
That is what this summery, thirst-quenching limeade does.
This limeade is just tart enough to be refreshing, and just sweet enough so you’re not puckering. I love natural, honey sweetened lemonade and limeade on hot days, but you could also use maple syrup or sugar to sweeten this summer drink.
The mint makes this paleo limeade cool and fresh, while the lavender adds a surprising subtle, warm, floral flavor on the way down.
This drink is very easy to whip up in the blender (you know I love my blender lemonades), and is best served ice cold.
If you store this drink in the fridge to enjoy throughout the week, make sure to give it a good stir before serving.
- 1 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, packed
- 1/2 cup hot water (doesn't need to be boiling, just as hot as it can get from the faucet is fine. Unless you don't drink tap water...)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons culinary lavender
- 3 cups sparkling water
- Add the lime juice, honey, mint, warm mater, and lavender to the jar of a high-quality blender. Blend the ingredients on high for about three minutes, or until liquified and the honey is all mixed in. Strain the mixture through cheesecloth.
- Add one or two cups of ice to a pitcher and pour the strained mixture over the ice. Add the sparkling water and stir in. Serve cold.
Do you have a question about cooking or a recipe you’d like to see? Is there a recipe you’re trying to adapt for your diet? Let me know! I LOVE helping readers answer their questions and find recipes that work for them!
*This post contains affiliate links. By using these links to purchase products online, this blog is able to make a small commission off of your purchase. There are no higher prices and no extra fees for you, but it allows this blog to continue to run happily! Thank you so much for your support!*