This melt-in-your-mouth brisket might be the best thing I’ve ever made in my slow cooker. It’s CRAZY flavorful and oh-so tender and I could eat it for dayzzz. Plus it’s super cheap to make, doesn’t require any seasonal ingredients, and is allergy free.
Yep, that’s right. Dairy-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, all paleo, etcetera etcetera.
And it makes the most amazing chai-seasoned, savory, beefy, herby broth!!! I quite literally drank it from my plate when I was done eating.
And no, when I say that I’m not being cute-sy and saying “Oh my goodness this is so good I’d totally slurp the broth!”
Nope. I actually did it. I slurped that broth right off my plate.
No shame. It’s that UHMAYZING.
15 minutes of prep.
Meltingly tender brisket in a savory spiced broth.
Healthy and allergy-free.
This virtually hands-off Slow Cooker Chai Tea Brisket is going to be a go-to recipe all winter long.
- 1.5 pounds of brisket (preferably grass-fed)
- sea salt and ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup brewed chai tea
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 4-5 cloves of garlic
- 3-5 sprigs of thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- Dry all moisture off of the brisket with a few paper towels. Season each side of the roast generously with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, add the brisket to the skillet. Sear on all sides for 3-4 minutes each, or until a gorgeous brown crust forms on each side. Place the seared brisket in the slow cooker.
- Add the garlic cloves and thyme to the skillet and turn the heat down to medium. Cook the herbs until fragrant and the garlic is turning golden, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add all ingredients to the slow cooker with the brisket. Cover and cook the brisket on low for 6-8 hours. (Use the lower end of that timeframe for sliceable meat and the higher end for shred-able meat.) Serve drizzled with the broth it cooked in. Yum!
*This post contains affiliate links. By using these links to purchase products online, this blog is able to make a small commission off of your purchase. There are no higher prices and no extra fees for you, but it allows this blog to continue to run happily! Thank you so much for your support!*