Yes. That’s a thing.
Lookit this. HUMMUS. Tasty hummus.
Without beans. Without legumes. Without nightshades of any kind.
It’s just straight roasted cauliflower. (Plus olive oil and garlic and stuff…)
Completely paleo. Completely vegan. Completely DELISH!!!
But Lina, why even make hummus? You can’t have pita bread/crackers/bread/carrots/celery/peppers/other things normal people dip into hummus!
True, but I can have crunchy delicious Plantain Chips!!! And those baby glories are OH-SO-GOOOOD with this cauliflower hummus.
This hummus is richly flavored by the caramelized cauliflower, a tiny bit spicy from the fresh garlic, healthy, and a wonderfully unique alternative to your familiar chickpea hummus.
After roasting the cauliflower, all you need is a 90-second whiz in a food processor and you have tasty, fresh “hummus” in minutes.
I am soooo excited about this legume-free goodness!
YUSSS. This is a healthy, vegan, paleo Superbowl dip all over the place.
Get down on it.
- 1/2 head of cauliflower, broken into inch-sized florets
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable broth (or chicken broth if you don't need it to be vegan)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with foil.
- Add the cauliflower florets, teaspoon of sea salt, and 1 1/2 tablespoons of the olive oil to a large bowl. Toss with your hands to evenly coat all of the florets with olive oil and sea salt.
- Spread the cauliflower florets in a single layer on the foil lined baking sheet, giving as much space in between the florets as possible.
- Place the baking tray in the oven and roast the cauliflower for 20-25 minutes, or until it's browning and caramelized. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Add the roasted cauliflower, 3 remaining tablespoons of olive oil, garlic cloves, lemon juice, and broth to a large food processor. Cover and process on medium speed until everything is evenly combined and the mixture looks like hummus. Taste and add any additional ingredients to your tastes.
- Serve with plantain chips or your favorite dipping thing and enjoy!