Oh my… I wish these photos could be scratch and sniff!
This smell all up in my kitchen… Is driving me to bacon-y garlicky roasty delirium!
Has spring fever hit you yet??
It’s hitting me hard, to the point where I don’t want to go to bed at night because I’m so excited to be awake, and where my workdays seem to drag on because I just want to be outside!
Today was one of those days. And while I LOVE LOVE my job and am so thankful for it and all of the awesome people I work with, I had a bad case of the sleepy Mondays today.
It was so hard to focus, so hard to stay awake, and so hard to be inside!
It wasn’t until I remembered that I had some leftover Paprika Bacon Skillet Chicken in the fridge that my day got a whole lot better. <3
This delicious roasted chicken, infused with bacon, garlic, paprika, and a blend of savory herbs, is an out-of this world dinner that makes me look forward to running home and getting it in my mouth ASAP.
The crispy skin and juicy meat combination is perfection, and the ease of cooking this meal makes it an ideal dish for weeknight dinners.
The caramelized garlic and crispy bacon getting all up in this fragrant, flavorful chicken are guaranteed to make this simple one-skillet meal a favorite for you and your loved ones.
I know I’ll be making this dish over and over and over from here until the end of summer!
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage
- sprinkle of cumin
- 2 pieces of thick-cut bacon, diced
- 8 cloves of garlic, whole or roughly chopped, your choice
- fresh parsley for serving, minced (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Mix the spices together in a small bowl. Sprinkle the mixture evenly on both sides of the chicken thighs.
- Add the diced bacon to a large skillet. Place the skillet on a burner over medium heat. Cook the bacon, stirring occasionally, until it's beginning to turn dark red and crispy, about 6 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes longer or until softening and fragrant. Remove the bacon and garlic to a small bowl. Turn the heat up to medium-high.
- Add the chicken, skin-side up, to the skillet. Sear the chicken for 3 minutes, then flip each thigh with tongs to put the skin-side down. Sear the chicken for 3 minutes on the other side, or until the skin is golden brown and crispy. Flip again so the skin is up and scatter the cooked bacon and garlic around the chicken thighs, Place the skillet in the oven.
- Roast the chicken for 10 minutes in the oven, or until cooked all the way through. Remove the skillet from the oven and let the chicken rest for 10 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with fresh parsley right before serving if desired.