I am one of the biggest romantics you will ever meet.
I LOVE everything cute, chocolate, and romantic and, naturally, that includes Valentine’s Day!
So what a surprise that it’s the week before Valentine’s Day and I’m here with a second recipe that I think is perfect for your Valentine’s Day. 😍
In truth, I’m sooo excited to bring this recipe to you. This is the third year I’ve had this recipe in mind for Valentine’s Day, but I’ve never actually gotten around to making it in time for the holiday! I knew this year I couldn’t let February pass without sharing this delicious romantic dinner with you all.
Regardless of whether I have a valentine or not, I always celebrate Valentine’s Day. I never need a reason for romance, but I will take every single one that is given to me! 😉
This Valentine’s Day, I’m super especially excited to make roasted lamb loin chops with this decadent, savory chocolate red wine sauce!
This meal is so special and romantic, but surprisingly quick and easy.
Lamb is such a tasty, tender meat that is perfect to serve for romantic special occasions. Indulgent? Yeah. Special? You bet your bottom. But time-intensive or difficult? Not today!
And… OMG…. This sauce!!! A savory chocolate sauce might sound a bit strange, but it is sooo tasty, and perfect with this lamb. Caramelized shallots, rosemary, red wine, and smooth chocolate, this velvety sauce is surprising, sensual, and, dare I say, delectable. I would eat it with a spoon.
Not that I have or anything….
Are you having friends over for a dinner party? Cooking dinner for a special someone? Loving the heck out of yourself with some good food? YOU 👏 WANT 👏 THIS 👏 HERE.
The only thing to be concerned about is getting caught licking this delicious sauce off the bones!
Don’t worry; your valentine will think it’s sexy 😉
- 1 rack of lamb
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ghee, coconut oil, or butter
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/2 cup wine
- 1/4 cup broth
- 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 oz dark or baking chocolate
- 1 tablespoon butter or coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Cut the lamb rack into two equal-sized pieces and season on all sides with salt.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil and the pan are hot, add the lamb to the skillet, fat-side down. Sear until browned and crisp, and then sear both ends for 2-3 minutes until they are browned and crisp also. Turn the lamb so the fat side is up and the bones are on the bottom and place the skillet in the oven.
- Roast the lamb for 5-7 minutes and remove from the oven. Set aside to rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium-sized pan, melt the butter, ghee, or coconut oil over medium heat. Add the diced shallot and cook for 3 minutes or until softening and fragrant. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes or it begins to brown.
- Add the rosemary, red wine, and broth and turn the heat up to medium-high. Cook for 3 more minutes or until the liquid is beginning to reduce. Stir in the chocolate and butter or coconut oil to thicken the sauce. Cook for an additional 3-5 minutes, or until the sauce reaches a desired thickness. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice the lamb and spoon the sauce generously over. Serve with green vegetables and roasted potatoes. Enjoy!