Well don’t you look cute coming in out of the cold with your rosy cheeks, your red nose, and a scarf wrapped twice around your head! The sugar snow dusting on your head is especially lovely.
I know that mean old man winter was trying his best to sweep you off the ground with icy cold winds. And he purposely lengthened the distance from your car to your house.
Well, unwrap your scarf, dear, and tell me all about it. I’ll make us a hot drink.
When the weather is like this, we need to warm up from the inside out.
But would you prefer a rich, soothing tea or a creamy hot chocolate?
I say you shouldn’t have to choose. 🙂
This creamy Earl Grey Hot Chocolate is easy to whip up on a blustery winter day and warms you right up from your grinning lips to your slipper sock-cased toes.
It’s made from scratch with melted chocolate and uses no cocoa powder or hot cocoa mix. (Not that I’m against cocoa powder or cocoa mix, but I love the silky, lush texture of this drink that comes from using melted chocolate.) For the tea, I love (capital LOVE) this organic Creamy Earl Grey tea, and it was blissfully perfect in this sweet winter bevvie.
Just steep your tea in milk, whisk in chocolate and sugar, and top with foamy whipped cream.
This rich, earl grey-scented hot chocolate is perfect for snuggling up with on a cold, windy day. Good book and slipper socks recommended!
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup cream
- 2 earl grey teabags or 2 teaspoons loose earl grey tea in a steeping ball (I love this tea)
- 6 tablespoons chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- a pinch of sea salt
- Heat the milk and cream over medium-low heat in a small pot until steaming, but not boiling.
- Add the tea bag or steeping ball and steep the tea in the milk for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove the tea and add the chocolate chips, sugar, and sea salt to the milk. Whisk it all together until the chocolate chips have melted and the sugar has dissolved.
- Serve topped with whipped cream (optional).
- Get cozy. 🙂