I debated whether or not I should celebrate my blog’s anniversary or not.
So much so that it took me a month to make the decision! My bloggaversary was actually May 25!
As a type-A perfectionist, I recognize that, while I have so much to celebrate that’s happened in this past year, I end up focusing mostly on all that I still want to accomplish.
So I almost ignored the celebration of the last year, because I was too busy looking ahead and where I want to go!
That’s stupsey, right? Because WOW, it’s been a year!
A year since I left my little WordPress.com blog and said, “Hey, let me do this bloggin’ thing full out.”
A year since I bought a domain, bought a fancy camera that I’m still learning how to use, and decided to put my all into all things StrictlyDelicious.
And in one year I’ve grown to having thousands of website hits a day, being featured on popular mainstream sites like BuzzFeed and Greatist, and continuing to realize that this right here is exactly what I love most to do.
I’m so so thankful to ALL of you who’ve helped this blog grow as it has in a year! All of you: my social media followers, my email subscribers, my Google searchers, and my friends and family… you have made this blog exactly what it is. And I can’t thank you enough!!!
But I want to try to thank you by learning more about you and learning how I can make this blog produce more of what you want to see.
So if you would, please please PAH-LEEZ take the following 3.5 minute survey! And then I promise I’ll be done with the gushy stuff and we can move on to PIE.
Oh, ’tis the season for sumptuous fresh berry pies!
Specifically, this luscious, sweet-tart Blueberry Lemon Pie in a gluten, grain, dairy, egg, nut, and coconut-free flaky, tender crust!
While I didn’t think I was going to be able to find a treat worthy of giving to you on a bloggaversary post, this blueberry lemon pie is indeed completely worthy.
Juicy, jammy, plump blueberries are mixed with lemon zest and lemon juice and nestled into this perfect AIP pie crust.
I topped mine with some whipped coconut cream and mint, but feel free to top yours with dairy-free ice cream or a sprinkle of cinnamon!
Really, does it get better than this???
I am so excited about my bloggaversary (even though it’s +1 month), and I’m so so so thankful to everyone who has joined me on this food journey!
But most of all, I’m so excited to share this delicious pie with you!!!
- 4 cups blueberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest (I used 2 lemons)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons coconut or raw sugar
- 3 tablespoons tapioca starch
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (or 2, if making a double crusted pie) AIP pie crust
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add the blueberries, lemon zest, lemon juice, sugar, tapioca starch, powdered ginger, and cinnamon. Toss gently with a large wooden spoon until the ingredients are evenly combined.
- Pour the lemon-berry mixture into one AIP pie crust. If making a double-crust pie, carefully top the berries with the other crust and seal the edges. Gently press a fork around the edges to make a design.
- Bake the pie at 400 degrees for 30 minutes on the bottom-most rack of the oven. Then reduce the heat to 375 degrees, move the pie up to the middle rack, and bake for an additional 20-30 minutes. (This is to make sure that the crust cooks all the way through.)
- After baking, let the pie cool for at least 40 minutes before serving.