Ever since I discovered blender lemonade earlier this summer, I have been completely hooked. It’s so crazy easy to make lemonade this way, and it’s some of the best lemonade I’ve ever had! It’s so flavorful and frothy and just all around wonderful.
And because it’s made with whole fruit in a blender (as opposed to juiced fruit) I am left with a lovely little bit of fruit puree in my lemonade. I love it! It’s like summer days in drinkable form. (If you’re not so much a fan of the fruit pulp, strain the lemonade a second time using cheesecloth.)
Today I bring you the second variation I tried on blender lemonade, and it is my favorite! Well, … it’s my favorite until I try the Vanilla Ginger Lemonade again…
This Blueberry Basil Blender Lemonade combines plump, sweet blueberries with fresh, sweet basil and bright lemons for a perfectly refreshing, easy-to-make lemonade that’s ready in ten minutes!
You can’t tell me blueberries aren’t the ultimate summer sweet snack. Perfectly pop-able, sweet and sometimes tart, rich blue color, and oh-so-healthy, blueberries are what I want to be snacking on all season long.
But when you blend them with tart lemons and sweet basil you make a summer drink that’s refreshing, lip-smackin’ good, and naturally sweet. And my favorite part: this lemonade is such a glorious purple color! ‘Cause we both know food with bright pretty colors tastes better… Doesn’t it make sense that I’m completely in love??
- 8 lemons
- 4 cups of water
- 1 3/4 cups of sugar or honey
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 healthy stalk of basil, or about 12 leaves
- Peel the lemons.
- Add the peeled lemons, water, sugar, blueberries, and basil to a blender jar. Blend on high speed until everything has been juiced and pulverized fully, about 5 minutes.
- Slowly pour the contents of the blender through a mesh strainer. Be sure to press the pulp with a spoon to release all of the liquid. (For a drink with almost no pulp, strain the lemonade again through cheesecloth.)
- Pour the strained lemonade over ice and enjoy!