In the midst of a season of holiday drinks, desserts, and super rich comfort food, I’ve found that my body lately has been begging for something fresh and simple.
Now I’m not at all complaining about the amount of cheese and butter I’ve been consuming lately, but my body (and my waistline) is desperately seeking something a bit healthier.
So in the evenings when I get home from work and daylight savings time is making me feel like it’s 8 o’clock, even though it’s only 5:30 (is that making anyone else crazy?!?), this super quick, super easy 10-Minute London Broil is exactly what I’m looking for.
And the 5-minute Preserved Lemon Chimichurri makes this budget-friendly seared steak both refreshing and super flavorful.
So when you find yourself craving something fresh, healthy, and crazy-easy in between all of the rich holiday foods, whip up this London Broil!
This recipe gives you a step-by-step guide to perfectly cook this inexpensive cut, and the zesty chimichurri is a mouth-pleasing bright compliment to the comforting, savory steak.
Best of all, this quick steak is done with plenty of time to watch Elf for the third time through! 😉
Serve with a baked sweet potato or butternut squash and your favorite green veggie for a full healthy meal.
- 1-pound London Broil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon ghee, lard, or coconut oil
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1/2 preserved lemon (or two quarter wedges), roughly chopped
- juice from one lime (2 tablespoons lime juice)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and season the London Broil on both sides with the sea salt.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat until very hot. When the oil is hot, add the London Broil to the pan and sear for 3 minutes without without moving or until a brown crust forms. With tongs, flip the steak over and place the skillet in the oven.
- Cook the steak in the oven for 5 minutes, then remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing thinly against the grain of the meat.
- Add all ingredients to the bowl of a large food processor. Blend on high speed until all of the ingredients are pulverized and evenly combined, about 3-4 minutes. Spoon the chimichurri over the meat directly before serving.